How to prep your baby
Babies are unpredictable but a couple of things that you can do to help your baby is:
- Keep your baby awake at least 1 - 2 hours before the session - this WILL make a huge difference.
- A good way to do this is by giving them baby a bath. This is a great way for the babies to exercise their lungs a bit before coming and tire themselves out a bit. It also helps their hair to be nice and fluffy (if they have any!).
- Please don't feed your baby right before the session, keep them hungry and feed them while at the session- this will give you and baby time to adjust to new surroundings.
- If you breastfeed, please try not to consume large amounts of caffeine or spicy food; this can affect your baby's mood
- Relax! We've handled many babies, including our own. Babies are very perceptive and can pick up on our moods. If you are nervous or anxious the baby will sense that and will not settle easily. If mom is anxious this can also affect how the baby does.